The Story of Ellington Memorial Clinic
In 1936, Dr. Joe D. Nichols established and built Ellington Memorial Hospital to serve the medical needs of Atlanta, Texas and the surrounding area. Dr. Nichols was joined by his younger brother, Dr. T.K. Nichols, in 1948. Together the two physicians continued making improvements to the hospital and practiced quailty, compassionate medicine. Babies were delivered, surgeries were performed and office consultations were often complimented by house calls. As the years passed, "Dr. Joe" and "Dr. T.K" strived to always be alert to improvements in medicine. The hospital was continually updated, partners were added, and the staff increased.
In 1972 in cooperation with the community, the physicians saw the opening of Atlanta Memorial Hospital. The day the hospital opened, Ellington Memorial Clinic transferred it patients to Atlanta Memorial Hospital. Ellington Memorial Hospital became Ellington Memorial Clinic.
Today Ellington Memorial Clinic strives to provide the same quailty, compassionate medicine as Dr Joe Nichols did in 1936. We offer a full staff of five family practice doctors, five nurse practitioners, a licensed social worker, and a nurse with a bachelors of nursing certified in Texas Health Steps.